Guidelines For Documenting Your Pain and Suffering in Car Accident- Durham Injury Lawyer
Durham Injury Lawyer – Guidelines For Documenting Your Pain and Suffering in Car Accident Case
In case you are involved in an motor vehicle accident you should follow a guidelines to make certain to you document your pain and suffering so that a Durham Injury Attorney has all of the necessary information regarding your car accident. Cautious documentation of parties, witnesses, injuries, insurance contact, and expenses are imperative to have a successful accidental injury claim.
Gathering Evidence at the Scene:
- You should not move your car unless instructed by police or a posted highway sign.
- Offer help to an injured party and summon an ambulance if needed.
- Call and wait for police to arrive at the scene.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and telephone numbers, and insurance information from the other driver.
- Obtain the names and addresses of any possible witnesses.
- Acquire pictures of the site. Pay particular attention not only to the vehicles but also to the skid marks as well as other factors incidental to the accident.
- By no means concede fault to parties involved, police, or insurance providers.
- Whenever the police arrive tell them what happened in the accident and tell them immediately if the other party did something wrong.
Collect Proper Documentation:
- Seek medical treatment as soon as you can and keep records of what happens in a diary.
- Let your doctor know you were in an auto accident.
- Notify your insurance company about the accident.
- Never submit a recorded statement or agree to be recorded by the insurance company. Consult with a Durham Injury Lawyer to find out when a statement may be required.
- Photograph any visible injuries as well as their progression.
- Keep record of your lost time and wages from work or school that resulted from your auto accident.
- Before you repair your car or truck, consult a personal injury attorney.
Speak to a Durham Injury Lawyer
While this is a general list of steps you should consider when injured in an vehicle accident, you should consider consulting with a Durham personal injury attorney for instructions on how to document your car crash. An experienced Durham personal injury attorney at Pierce Law Offices will have the knowledge, skill, and resources to investigate the circumstances of your case. Seek legal representation from a Durham auto accident attorney immediately after your accident to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.